Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Odds and Ends

When my husband  and I landed in this country of wonder’s it really fascinate me.
The first time, I noticed when I landed at the airport back 8 years ago was how peaceful the environment is , how relax are the people around us , specially when he took me to the sisowath quay for a coffee , that was beautiful afternoon and you can see the beauty of the Tonlesap river and how the young teenagers ride their mottos and holding hands ro each other.
I said to myself oh… how sweet are this kids !!! no one like it in Asia.
I fall in love with the country and the people. Well its all not perfect but who cares life is never perfect !!!We both my husband  and myself are coming from the same industry the garments industry , that also how I meet him , we used to work together in the same company.

Ever since I was in school in manila I have known making garments at the very young ages ,and I must say it rans into the blood. From my Aunt my sisters we all from the same field. This type of industry takes me in many countries for work posting here and there. Never ending travelling during my peak time in my career.
Anyway since this kind of work its like a disease no matter how I wanted to quit and rest its like magnet its keeps coming , I never really retired from it.
I still accept few orders from here and there.
Today , as I was looking some over –runs fabrics from my customers orders and I always go to the same place at the back side street near to our house there’s this place like a “junk “ street but full of interesting “junk” from thread , to zippers , to nylons to embroidery threads to buttons, satin ribbons you name it , all factory over-runs and if your creative enough you can really make something useful out of it.
Not many people in Phnom penh knows this place , not many expats discover this place.
Its a kind of my heaven place for something difficult to find accssories.
So here my friends I share it all to you its at street 598 in Toulkork its a long stretch of all fabrics over-runs , thread , zippers , ribbons etc... etc...
 
One of my favorite shop  all sort of buttons
 



all sorts of cords , satin ribbon
  

Even have a street full of small cottage industry making all sort of clothes , not sure if copy labels or really doing some sub-contracting job from the factories , but all equipped with branded labels.
 
The whole compound are sewing things
 

 


and yours truly asking blessings from the monk while searching for some accessories
  

No comments:

Post a Comment